TerrSet is an integrated geospatial software system for monitoring and modeling the earth system for sustainable development. The TerrSet system incorporates the IDRISI GIS Analysis and IDRISI Image Processing tools along with a constellation of vertical applications. TerrSet offers the most extensive set of geospatial tools in the industry in a single, affordable package. There is no need to buy costly add-ons to extend your research capabilities.
The Full TerrSet Constellation Includes:
- The GIS Analysis System: a wide range of fundamental analytical tools for GIS analysis, primarily oriented to raster data. Special features of the GIS Analysis tool set include a suite of multi-criteria and multi-objective decision procedures and a broad range of tools for statistical, change and surface analysis. Special graphical modeling environments are also provided for dynamic modeling and decision support. The GIS Analysis tool set also provides a scripting environment and an extremely flexible application programming interface (API) that allows the ability to control TerrSet using languages such as C++, Delphi and Python. Indeed, all TerrSet components make very extensive use of the API.
- The Image Processing System: an extensive set of procedures for the restoration, enhancement, transformation and classification of remotely sensed images. The Image Processing system in Terrset contains the broadest set of classification procedures in the industry, including both hard and soft classification procedures based on machine learning (such as neural networks) and statistical characterization.
- The Land Change Modeler (LCM): a vertical application for analyzing land cover change, empirically modeling its relationship to explanatory variables and projecting future changes. LCM also includes special tools for the assessment of REDD (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation) climate change mitigation strategies.
- The Habitat and Biodiversity Modeler (HBM): a vertical application for habitat assessment, landscape pattern analysis and biodiversity modeling. HBM also contains special tools for species distribution modeling.
- GeOSIRIS: a unique tool for national level REDD planning, developed in close cooperation with Conservation International. With GeOSIRIS, one can model the impact of various economic strategies on deforestation and carbon emissions reductions.
- The Ecosystem Services Modeler (ESM): a vertical application for assessing the value of various ecosystem services such as water purification, crop pollination, and wind and wave energy. ESM is based closely on the InVEST toolset developed by the Natural Capital Project.
- The Earth Trends Modeler (ETM): a tool for the analysis of time series of earth observation imagery. With ETM, one can discover trends and recurrent patterns in fundamental earth system variables such as sea surface temperature, atmospheric temperature, precipitation, and vegetation productivity. ETM is an exceptional tool for the assessment of climate change in the recent past (e.g., the past 30 years).
- The Climate Change Adaptation Modeler (CCAM): a tool for modeling future climate and assessing its impacts on sea level rise, crop suitability and species distributions.
TerrSet also includes utilities for import and export of all major file and imagery formats along with comprehensive documentation and tutorials with data.
TerrSet System Requirements
TerrSet is an object-oriented system designed for professional-level use on platforms employing the Microsoft Windows operating environment.
- Windows 7 and above, or Windows Server 2003 or later
- Microsoft ACE 2010 or Microsoft Office 2010 or later
- 1.3 GB hard drive space for application
- 7.4 GB hard drive space for tutorial data
- 4 GB RAM, 8 GB or greater recommended
- HD display (1920×1080) or greater recommended